Throughout the year, PPNS families are invited to participate in various efforts to help those around us and to give our students opportunities to learn about giving and sharing with others. Some of these include:
- Year-round disposable diaper collection for distribution at the West Trenton Community Center in Trenton. We send our collection to the center through Titusville Presbyterian Church
- Thanksgiving food collection for Arm In Arm’s food pantries in Trenton and Princeton.
- December pajama collection as part of Scholastic’s Great Pajama Drive. We supply the pajamas and Scholastic donates a new book for each pj set we donate.
- Cranberry relish making by our four/five-year-old classes to accompany Toll Gate Grammar School’s annual Thanksgiving dinner project for the Trenton Area Soup Kitchen.
- Partnering with Pennington Presbyterian Church in two annual clothing drives for the Rescue Mission of Trenton.
In addition to these schoolwide projects, our Helping Hands class, which meets on Wednesday mornings as an optional fourth day for our Monday/Tuesday/Thursday four/five-year-old class, works on small helping projects for our local seniors. They make centerpieces for the Older Adult Ministry’s monthly brown bag luncheons, and they create holiday greeting cards for people who are homebound. The Helping Hands class has also baked dog biscuits and made cat toys for area animal shelters, created collection signs for the drives listed above, and created seasonal decorations for our school’s hallways.